Monday, March 28, 2011

A gray, cold Monday


Today is a working day for me, so can't have my clothing to restraining or accessorized. It's cold and gloomy out, so I really felt the need for some bright spring colors, yet required some sleeve length to keep from shivering. Out comes this fun top! The scarf came off while I was cleaning Mrs L's house, but went back on for running errands and for puttering around back at home. Yes, I'm aware the jeans are entirely too loose. It's almost time to retire this pair, but until I'm comfortable in the next size down, I'll continue to wear these.

I'd like to make a little note about this blog: one could get the idea that my sisters and I are vain about our appearances. After all, here we are, showing off photos of ourselves, putting a focus on our attire. As Christians, God tells us that He looks at the heart of people, and the outward stuff is insignificant. (And I'm SO glad that He does!) The purpose of this blog is NOT to seek approval or praise for our appearance, but rather to show that even an ordinary woman has beauty in her everyday wear. Also, my hope is to build a little self-confidence (I'm sure Bev would agree). As we are growing older, it's easy to get discouraged and believe the lie that we're no longer beautiful or worthy. In God's eyes, however, we are His beautiful princesses. I hope to reflect this in every aspect of my life, including my wardrobe.

Blessings to all the beautiful ordinary women out there!

3 comments:

Hope said...

This is such a great, simple look. I think the scarf really amps it up.

I totally agree with your second paragraph. I've been concerned before that people will see me as narcissistic for doing my blog but I agree with you 100%. I think it's so wonderful to be able to celebrate ourselves and other women.

Bflowers said...

1 Peter 3:3 says "Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;". Merely is the word I never really noticed in this verse before but we are supposed to make our outward appearance something special, just not our main focus.
Thanks for sharing this post, sis!

Melissa said...

Thank you, Hope! And thank you, Bev, for sharing that verse. I hadn't notice the word "merely" before, either. That verse sums up what this blog is all about, perfectly!