Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday



Palm Sunday calls for a happy dress, don't you think? This is one of my fun finds from the Catholic church sale - it's very comfortable and fits perfectly. If you can zoom in on the necklace, you will see that it is a vintage fish pin I attached to a plain gold chain. Both pieces were from my late mother-in-law. She would have enjoyed this blog...my MIL was a very fashionable lady! She always looked put together, even on the ordinary days. And she LOVED shopping at thrift stores! I miss you, Mom G. ♥

One question about this dress, now that I've seen the photos DH took for me this morning....should I shorten it up a bit? Do you think it would look better at mid-knee or just above?

Dress - thrifted
Shrug - JC Penney's
Necklace - inherited from MIL
Purse - Kohl's
Peep-toes - Kmart

5 comments:

Bflowers said...

I LOVE this outfit on you! That is definately a fun dress! I think the length is fine although I'd have to see it turned under to know for sure. The peep toes are very cute with it and the shrug looks like it goes with it. You got a great deal with that dress!

lantabmom said...

I LOVE this dress. It's so cute and looks great on you. I'm not sure about the length. I would say yes it probably would look good shortened a little, just not sure where exactly. I had a decent outfit picked out for church today but with T being sick I decided to stay home so I'm in a superman t-shirt and jeans. :)

Melissa said...

Why, thank you, my sisters! I love this dress, too. In fact, if it still fits by the time of LC's wedding, I may wear it for that momentous occasion.

So sorry that little T is sick! I'm praying she recovers quickly and is back to her normal happy self very soon. I think it's appropriate that you are wearing a superman shirt, Leah - you are a Super Mom!

Linda Rae said...

I LOVE your blog! Your photos are great, too--great poses and outfits! You are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Linda Rae said...

I love your blog! Your photos are great--great poses and outfits! You are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!