Sunday, September 18, 2011

Outfit Evolution



Off-white V-neck cardigan: Kohl's
Turquoise ruffled tank: JC Penney
Gray slacks: yard sale
Coin necklace: yard sale
Red laser-cut flats: Target

Once again, this is not the outfit I originally put together to wear to church this morning. Funny how the pieces look fine when laid out across the bed...but look so different once they're on the body! Started out with a skirt, tank, and one of the white jackets mentioned in a recent post. The only item that survived from the original outfit is the turquoise ruffled tank. I really wanted to wear it today.

I'm considering setting aside these gray slacks, too. They just don't fit well; they are too loose in the legs and too big in the waist. I've got a pair of charcoal gray dress pants that I love, but they are too small yet. Hopefully they will fit again before too long.

DH took the pic for me just before we headed out this morning so there wouldn't be any shadows from the silly camera on timer setting (what is up with that, anyway???). Here I am in front of what will be our new bedroom closet! I plan to have DH take future pics in this same location to show the evolution of the closet.

2 comments:

twebsterarmstrong said...

I think teal/aqua/turquoise is your color.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. You are a no-reply blogger so this is the only way I could let you know that I appreciate it. I also am now following you. I look forward to seeing some more of your clothing posts. Perhaps you can give me some good ideas.