Sunday, September 4, 2011

Praise God for a Cool Front!

A cool front came in Saturday night, leaving a beautiful crisp north breeze in its wake. We woke up to a lovely fall-like day! And it's supposed to be like this all week! I am so thrilled! While it's not chilly enough to wear a sweater, it is possible to layer - and wear makeup! :D

White cap-sleeve jacket: JC Penney's
Yellow t-shirt: can't remember
Polka-dot skirt: JC Penney's
Naturalizer low-heel pumps: thrifted
Jumbo ring: Target
Silver hoop earrings: ???

I've debated about passing along this white jacket; there are no less than three white jackets in my closet. This one; a solid 3/4 sleeve button-front; and a 3/4 sleeve with wide navy pinstripes. Each is considerably different, so would be worn various ways, but do I really need three white jackets? Especially since, if I followed the "no white after Labor Day" rule, they would have a very short wearing time. It's simply too hot in Kansas to wear a jacket from May to September. However, I am learning to toss those old fashion rules out the window...so I'm going to find ways to incorporate my white jackets into my fall and winter wardrobe. Stay tuned to see what I come up with!

As much as I love this dotted skirt, I have a hard time coordinating anything other than a plain white top with it. I've seen other fashion bloggers put larger dots with small dots, and I really like that look, but the only other dotted pieces in my closet are a dress and a t-shirt that would not compliment the skirt in any way at all. So I'll have to keep working on that. I can't part with the skirt - it's a great one for traveling up and down the sizes as it lends itself easily to tucks.

I think a necklace would have been a good idea for this outfit, but I ran out of time before we left for church. I grabbed the ring and earrings at the last minute, or there would have been no jewelry at all. There's a lot to be said for choosing one's outfit and accessories the night before.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I just checked out this blog after you visited Grammy Goodwill. I can't email you as you are a no-reply blogger, but I wanted you to know I appreciate you stopping by.