Friday, October 7, 2011

As The Wind Blows

Kansas is living up to its name this week - that South Wind is gusting like wild! I've been out and about the last couple of days, so tried to put together outfits that would withstand the 40+ mph breezes. Thursday's outfit didn't quite make the grade:





It's hard to tell in the pic, but the outer shirt really is pink, not tan. And I've decided that I don't like how it looks or fits on me. I had to button the top button to keep it from flying off of me when I got out of the car, and that really didn't look very good. It's just not the right shape for me. So off to the give-away pile it goes!

Light pink floral outer top (worn as a jacket): thrifted
Brown tank: JC Penney's
Dark denim skirt: can't remember (I've had it a while.)
Black Hills gold necklace & earrings: gifts from Hubby
Brown flats: not sure...maybe Payless? (I've had them a while, too.)

Today's outfit was much more wind-proof, and I liked how it looked a lot more, too. Comfort was key, since I had errands to run downtown and worked at the church library for a few hours. This librarian climbs on chairs, crawls around on the floor and runs up & down stairs, so no dainty clothes for me!




Dark pink top: thrifted
White capris: thrifted
Belt: swiped off a dress in my re-make pile
Bracelet: JC Penney's
Dansko sandals: Tradehome Shoes

Sorry about the weird bathroom mirror pics. I've been in a rush and it's faster than messing with the timer on the camera.

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Why don't you try that belt from the second picture with the pink shirt buttoned some over the tank? Just a thought because I like brown and turquoise. (Well, and pink, too.)

Shey said...

Hi! I like pink, it's one sweet color on you. I hope you have a great day! =)