Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another Wedding!

This has been The Year of Weddings in my family! First, my brother, then my brother-in-law, and now, my cousin. My lovely cousin, D married her sweetheart J on Sunday. It was a simple but perfectly wonderful wedding, and D was a beautiful bride. May God bless you with many happy years together, D and J!
D's mother, my Aunty D is just a few years older than me, so we are more like sisters. I snapped a quick pic of the mother of the bride - and warned her that since she looked so lovely that she might find herself on this blog!
Doesn't my Aunty D look wonderful? I particularly adore her shoes (of course! you know me and shoes! LOL) and I think she looks like a lovely autumn afternoon. Love ya bunches, Aunty D!

In light of the two beauties pictured above, I hesitate to post the picture of what I wore to the wedding. After seeing the photos I hurriedly snapped before leaving the house, it's obvious that this is NOT a flattering outfit for me. Alas, it is what it is. Please know that I will never wear this combination in public again. Ever.
Teal kimono tunic: Walmart
Brown leggings: JC Penney
Brown cardigan: ?? (I've had it a long time.)
Animal print cami: JC Penney
Shoes: eBay


I did like my accessories, however. The necklace and bracelet are both from Walmart. The nail color is East Village by NYC. I thought it would be as dark as it appears in the bottle; I don't really care for how light it is on me, even after two coats. Bev suggested I try four coats to see if it comes closer to the shade I prefer. Next time...

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

What didn't you like about the outfit?