Sunday, November 27, 2011

Posting on the same day the outfit was worn...I know, it's a shocker!

This is what I wore to church today. Yeah, I know...it's so unlike me to blog about an outfit the same day it was worn! But I might not get a chance later in the week, so I'd better do it now.

That should be my goal this holiday season - get stuff done right away! I might try that, if I don't procrastinate too much.

Anyway...it's cold and windy today, so a long skirt and boots appealed to me. Wish this sweater had longer sleeves, but it's the only top I have in this color, and darn it, I wanted to wear olive with this plum skirt! Thankfully, the church is typically considerably warmer than my house, and today, no one cranked up the ceiling fans. Now that I'm no longer experiencing hot flashes, I really don't appreciate a cold breeze on a cold day.

Olive sweater top: no idea...I've had it a LONG time!
Plum Coldwater Creek skirt: most likely thrifted (another item I've had a long time)
Black boots: JC Penney

Originally, the sweater had an olive green tie woven into the neck. To tie the top and bottom together, I replaced it with this floral sash. I really like how it turned out. Usually, long skirts make me look stumpy, but this one doesn't. It must be the shape and structure of the skirt. 
Premier Designs bracelet & earrings: thrifted
Ring: found in a pocket of a denim jacket after I brought it home from the thrift store

My buddy Cody reminded me today that November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month, and he's asking his friends to wear purple in honor of his dear step-father, whom he lost to pancreatic cancer about a year and a half ago. November 30 is the day in particular that Cody has deemed "Wear Purple Day", but I'm glad it worked out that I chose my plum skirt today. And I'll put together another purple-rific outfit for Wednesday, as well.

No comments: