Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wearing Purple for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness

This is for my buddy Cody, who lost his beloved step-dad about 18 months ago to pancreatic cancer. November has been Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month, and Cody has requested that all his friends wear PURPLE today in memory of his step-dad, Chris. Chris was indeed a wonderful man, and heaven is surely a little more fun with him there.

Purple gingham shirt: thrifted
Dark purple layering top: Walmart
White skinny belt: thrifted
Khaki pants: thrifted
Born shoes: thrifted
Earrings: thrifted
Scarf: not sure, maybe Walmart?
Big flower ring: Target
(sorry about the granny glasses; I forgot to take them off before snapping the photo)

I don't really like the khaki pants with the purple, but it was the best I could come up with. Jeans just didn't look right, nor did black pants or navy cords. My pants selection is rather limited; I'm still hunting for a pair of charcoal gray pants. Or, if I could shed about 20 lbs, my favorite pair of charcoal pants, currently in storage, would fit me. Considering my luck losing weight lately, I'd better keep shopping.

For more information about pancreatic cancer, please visit www.pancan.org. Be well!

No comments: