Friday, December 16, 2011

The Stuff Dreams Are Made Of

I have been thinking of doing something a little different for this blog, and last night I must have been thinking on that as I went to sleep. I had a funny dream that I just had to share here....

You know how dreams jump from one odd scene to another - well, here's the beginning scene: a cozy bi-level mountain lodge with a huge full-wall window looking out over a second-story deck, with a view of a gently downward sloping, snow-covered, tree-dotted hillside. It's night-time, with a full, bright moon. My hubby and I are sipping hot cocoa, admiring the view, when suddenly a huge pack of coyotes appear. I panic, realizing that I'd forgotten to put the ducks to bed, so we both don our coats and dash outdoors. While herding the ducks into their pen, I have to clamber among some boulders. Behind one of these big rocks, I find an amazingly weird pair of sandals with over-the-knee fishnet socks attached. Of course, I sit right down and try them on. They fit perfectly! As I admire these hideous looking yet somehow perfect pair of Suess-esque shoes, I think to myself "I should feature these shoes on Frumpy Hausfrau!"

And so there you go. You'll have to use your imagination, however, since I neglected to take a picture in my dream.

3 comments:

Annie said...

HA! I love dreams!! They seem to reflect our thoughts in the most bizarre way.

Mom said...

We (Dad & I) enjoyed reading your story. Glad it was just a dream, and that your ducks and chickies are safe. I'm glad you didn't get hurt on the boulders!

Grammy Goodwill said...

When I read your title, I envisioned a completely different post. This one made me laugh.