Monday, January 2, 2012

A Challenge for the New Year!

Many people make New Year's resolutions. I don't like to make promises that I can't keep, not even to myself, so instead of making resolutions, I set goals. The goals need to be realistic so that they can be accomplished, of course, but challenging enough to keep me working toward them. Included in my goals is to write in both my blogs more, and to add some new features to Frumpy Hausfrau.

Part of the plan for Frumpy Hausfrau is to do a little something special each month, in addition to the outfit posts. For January, our challenge is to find five items in our closets that haven't been worn in a long time - or never worn - and "use 'em or lose 'em". By the end of the month, if we have not found a way to style a piece in at least two outfits, that piece will leave our closet, to be donated or into the yard sale fodder box. Hopefully both my sisters will be able to participate in this challenge as well. Other bloggers have done this, so it's nothing new, but it's a good way to keep our wardrobes fresh.

Here are the five items I've chosen:
Thrifted sweater - attempted to wear once, didn't succeed

Worthington purple shell - new with tags!

Thrifted Apt9 blouse - never worn

Thrifted Christopher & Banks khaki skirt - never worn

Sag Harbor skirt - haven't worn since probably fall 2010
In addition to the "use it or lose it" challenge, there are other fun things in store for this blog in the coming year. Stay tuned!

No comments: