Friday, January 20, 2012

It's Like Wearing a Blanket

No, it's not a Snuggie or a Slanket! Thursday morning, I decided to wear this newly thrifted velvet skirt (I was really tired of wearing pants all the time). With this fuzzy warm skirt, it felt like I was wearing a blanket all day! Since we're finally experiencing true winter temps this week, wearing a blanket is a great idea. The scarf and boots were added just before I went to Book Club in the evening.

Navy cardigan - thrifted
Cream ruffled 3/4 sleeve layering top - JCP
Plaid velvet Christopher & Banks skirt - thrifted
Yellow hand-knitted scarf - gift from Book Club friend SK
Black riding boots - JCP

Little Old Lady Dog Abby was a little perturbed that I moved her bed for this pic, but I told her she could pose with me and that made her a bit happier.

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

You look nice and warm. If I'd been at your meeting, I would have rubbed your skirt all night. I love textures like that. What book are you reading?

Melissa said...

January's book was: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot. I didn't read it, tho, since I kept forgetting to see if the library had a copy. One of the book club ladies loaned me her copy, so I can read it now. Sounded like everyone enjoyed it.