Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Baby Girl's Birthday!

This past Sunday was my little girl's 21st birthday! She's my favorite daughter (only daughter! LOL), so I wanted her to have a special birthday. One of her favorite things to do is have a mom-and-daughter day, so that's what we did. Papa babysat Boo, and we girls went shopping! First to the mall, where we had cinnamon rolls and cappuccino, tried on glittery super-high heels at Payless Shoes (neither of us could walk in them!), and made a couple of small purchases at Rue 21.  Next stop was Walmart, where I ended up purchasing the bulk of her birthday gifts. We don't have a lot of department store choices in Podunk, KS! Our last excursion was Dillons grocery store, where I gave Min a course in coupon shopping. She purchased $45 worth of food for $20.50 - a savings of 64%! This may not sound like the typical 21-year-old's way to celebrate a birthday, but Min is her mother's daughter...simple things bring us joy! Especially spending time together, just us girls!

I didn't get a picture of what I wore in the afternoon (it was just jeans and a simple shirt). Here's what I wore to church Sunday morning...
Dress - JCP
Scarf - some little store in downtown Manhattan (?)
Boots - JCP
Black bag - mail-away freebie from Dove products from several years ago
Earrings - thrifted

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Happy birthday to your favorite daughter. I have one of those, too. hehehe I like that dress. You look good in it.