Monday, January 16, 2012

What a Frumpy Hausfrau Wears To...

...Do a little shopping with the hubby...

My DH needed some car parts, so I scrapped my plans to play with fabric today and we went shopping. He bought car parts and I bought groceries. Then we had lunch at the grocery store. Yeah, that's right! Our Hy-Vee store has an amazing Grand Buffet, including the best fresh salad bar. It's one of the few places I can eat "out" without getting sick afterward. After we stuffed ourselves silly, we stopped by one of our favorite thrift stores, where I found a lovely little Frankoma coffee cup for my collection. It was a great "date day"!

Plaid shirt - JCP
Jeans - Fashion Bug
Earrings - JCP
Necklace - Walmart
Shoes - Walmart

The shirt is one I re-fashioned last summer. Originally, it was about 6 inches longer, with kind of a scooped hem - it made my hips look even more enormous than they really are. So I shortened the length and made the hem straight across. Please forgive the totally unfashionable tennies; I needed shoes that would help my hips not hurt too much from walking around in stores all day. For some reason, the walk we took yesterday really irritated my joints.

Something funny I've noticed...when my DH takes my outfit pictures, I look really short, but always have a much more pleasant look on my face. When I use the timer, I look normal height (which is, in reality, SHORT! LOL) and my facial expressions show how awkward I feel taking my own picture.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm glad you had a good day with your hubby. I like that shirt. I need some that length myself. I might look for some long ones with the intention of cutting them off, too. Only I'd have to find someone to do it for me!