Saturday, January 21, 2012

What a Frumpy Hausfrau Wears To...

...Bake a bunch of cookies!

Flannel shirt - thrifted
Jeans - Fashion Bug
Apron - gift from friend RL

This is the standard uniform in these parts - jeans and a flannel shirt. When I work in the kitchen, which is almost every single day, I always wear an apron. I'm a very messy cook. This happens to be my best apron (meaning it's not yet covered in stains) and was a Christmas gift from my thrifting friend RL year before last. It reads: Will cook for shoes - Lots and lots of shoes! RL knows me so well! I love aprons and I have lots and lots of shoes! 

I was going to take a photo of the finished baked goods, but I had some problems with the oven yesterday (the ignitor wasn't working properly and the temperature was off kilter) and by the time I got done, Hubby was home from work. He developed a blechy cold while he was out delivering the mail, and in trying to make him feel better, I didn't have time to take pics. I made Candy Bar Cookies, which are just like chocolate chip cookies except with cut up candy bars (leftover from Halloween), and Mini Brownie Cups with Kisses. These are for our LWML "bake sale" this weekend - a fund raiser for the church building fund. If the oven cooperates today, I plan to make a double batch of Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits as well.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

My daughter would love that apron because it's pink!! I like the first batch of cookies, and hubby would love those cinnamon raisin biscuits. They sound yummy.