Monday, February 13, 2012

Please pass the ketchup!

Last week was a BUSY one for me! I did take several pictures; there just wasn't enough time or energy for blogging. Now it's time to "ketchup"! (And not just with blogging...I seriously need to sweep the kitchen floor!)

Last Tuesday I wore....
Black/white top - JCP
Black corduroy pants - JCP
Silver hoop earrings - Walmart
Black/white polka dot scarf - thrifted
Black shoes - thrifted
My hubby and I had a "date day" on Tuesday (his day off). We went to the City for a little shopping, had lunch at On The Border (always good!) and saw the movie "Red Tails". We had a lovely day together!

On Wednesday, I had a meeting and I was cold....
Black sweater - Kohl's
Skirt - thrifted
Scarf - can't remember
Black boots - JCP

Friday night was "Ladies' Night Out" at my church. The theme was White Roses and Dark Chocolate, and the attire was formal/dressy. I'm all about thrifty fashion, you know, so I headed to the thrift store in search of a fancy dress. Amazingly, I found one that was exactly what I'd envisioned! It was a cocoa-colored satiny strapless number with cream rouching at the bustline and a cream sash. And it was only $10! Alas...the zipper would not go up. There was no way I could shed 10 lbs overnight (nothing like waiting til the last minute, eh?), so I chose this too-big dress instead. It was only $6, and after some simple alterations, it was good enough. 

Can you see the teensy little princess crown on my head? Each of us wore one of these because we are daughters of the King! :)

Saturday evening was the Sweetheart Dinner sponsored by our Youth Group at church. Since I'd dressed up the night before, I went more casually for this event.
 Brown sweater - thrifted
Floral skirt - thrifted
Brown cowgirl boots - thrifted
Scarf - Kohl's
Flower ring - JCP

And finally, here's what I wore to church yesterday...
Dress - eBay
Sweater - Goodwill
Necklace - Premiere Designs (ages ago!)
Brown shoes - gift from sisters a few years ago

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Looking at your post made me want to rush to the store to buy something to wear to dinner tonight. But, I resisted. I'm not buying anything until I see a weight loss. I do wish I had a pair of black boots like yours. That is my favorite outfit for the week. By the way, I stopped at Walmart last week, picked up one of those pencil skirts, carried it around for awhile, then left it - again, not buying anything until I lose weight. I bet the formal party was fun.