Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Ruffly Scarf

Today's church outfit was built around the ruffly scarf from my February "use it or lose it" items. A friend told me she'd seen similar scarves on QVC recently. I found this one at a thrift store. Not only are the colors wonderful, the yarn is super soft, the way it ruffles is fun - and the whole thing bounces when you shake it up and down!
Cato top - eBay
Black ponte pencil skirt - Walmart
Scarf - thrifted
Black boots - JCP

I would have liked to have longer sleeves, but they keep the church pretty warm most of the time, and thankfully no one cranked up the ceiling fans today. I tried adding a long sleeve black layering tee, but it just didn't look right. I liked the way this outfit highlighted the scarf. Oh...can you spot the Dachshund in the photo? ;)

Accessories:
Earrings - JCP
Ring - thrifted
Bracelet - thrifted

6 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I knew I would like that scarf. I need a pencil scarf like yours.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Meant to write pencil skirt. Whoever heard of a pencil scarf? hehehe

Heather said...

Love the scarf. Beautiful colors. Is the puppy under the blankie? Is that a paw I see?

Melissa said...

Thanks, Heather! Yep, that's my silly puppy under the blankie - just her little rubber nose sticking out! he he!

Bflowers said...

I have a scarf like that too but it is gray and black and I found mine at Goodwill!

Melissa said...

Don't you just love finding goodies like this? :)