Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday

Sunday was my birthday. I am now 42 years old. No, it does not bother me that you know my age - it's just a fact, and I'm fine with it. I don't feel old...nor do I feel young...I just feel like me! My dearest husband, Some Postman, treated me to a wonderful day. After listening to a wonderful special guest speaker at church, we went out for lunch at one of my most favorite restaurants, HuHot. This is one of the few places I can eat and not feel sick afterward. Love Mongolian barbecue! Then we went to see the movie Hunger Games. I've read the book series and loved it, so was anxiously awaiting this movie - it did not disappoint! Even tho SP didn't read the books, he enjoyed the movie as well. While we were in town, we used some of my birthday "freebie" coupons - TCBY, Baskin Robbins, Caribou Coffee. Then, after we got home, we had birthday cake and a glass of wine. It was a FABULOUS day!

This is the outfit I wore to church; I was going to take pics of the outfit I changed into for the rest of the day, but it was just jeans and a t-shirt - and we didn't have time for pictures if we planned to make it to the movie at the time we wanted.

 Top - thrifted
Skirt - Walmart
Necklace - JCP

Shoes - Dillard's
(Are these shoes not the most awesome pumps ever? I can still wear heels if the shoes are of good quality!)

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry I missed it, but it sounds like you had a great day. I really like your church outfit! You look great. I read the Hunger book series, but I'm not much for movies and have no plans to see that one either. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day.