Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mid-week

Our church has a supper before the mid-week services during the seasons of Advent and Lent. The suppers are sponsored by various groups within the church. This week's supper was sponsored by the Church Council, of which I am a committee chairperson. We served pancakes, sausage and eggs. Here is what I wore beneath my apron while mixing up pancake batter as fast as my wimpy arms could twirl that whisk...

 Black shirt - JCP
Red/black animal print skirt - thrifted
(That's Abby, my little old lady dog, curled up on her freshly laundered blankie.)

I should have had Some Postman take a pic of me after the supper...my black shirt had pancake mix on it wherever the apron wasn't, and there was pancake batter splatter all the way up on the back of my right arm! Perhaps I need a full-body apron...I am a very messy cook!

Black peep-toe wedges - thrifted
(They were comfy for about the first hour, and then not so much. I really need to remember to wear socks and tennies when working in the church kitchen. Function over fashion at times like that!)

Oh, sorry...I should have warned you to put on sunglasses before looking at my lily white legs. We had a scant couple of weeks of spring weather and have gone straight to summer, so no more tights! Of course, I don't dare put the tights away...it might very well snow on us before April concludes. You know what they say about Kansas weather...if you don't like the weather right now, wait a few minutes...it'll change!

No comments: