Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yipes! Egad! Blech....

OK, since this a blog about a FRUMPY hausfrau, I am including today's outfit in a post. Please do NOT look at this too long, or your eyes may fall out of your head. As much as I love the color of this shirt, especially with the necklace, alas, it puts a big ol' emphasis on my poochy tummy. If I were a mama-to-be, this would not be a big deal. However, I am long past that stage in my life and do not appreciate looking preggers anymore. Some Postman is due home any minute now, and then we are headed to town, so I don't have time to change. I'll just wear my jacket.

Blech!

Thank goodness I'm working out really hard this week. If I can shed some of that belly chub, I should be able to wear this again someday without an arsenal of Spanx. (Which, if I had time to wriggle into it before SP gets home, I would!)

 Layering shirts, white & light turquoise - JCP
Jeans - probably thrifted
(As it turns out, the rather disgusted look on my face is appropriate for this outfit!)

 Necklace & earrings - Target

Pink argyle socks - Target
Skechers - Fashion Bug ages ago

Ha! He's not home yet...maybe there's time for Spanx after all...but that won't leave much room for Smashburger...that could be a good thing. Yeah, Spanx it is! See ya'll later!

********

Update:
Spanx helped only slightly.



Maybe it's the Mom Jeans....or maybe the shirt is too long...or maybe I'm really just too stinkin' chubby for this look!

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I love the necklace! Do you really own some Spanx? I don't even know what size to buy. I saw on tv today that the creator is now a millionaire.

Melissa said...

I saw that on tv, too! She ought to be wealthy...Spanx is one of the best inventions for women. What I have is actually a cheap knock-off, but it still works pretty well. I bought size XL, even tho, according to the measurement chart I should take a L. Those things will squeeze the living daylights out of you, and I don't care to stop breathing while wearing it. Actually, I think even two sizes up wouldn't be a bad idea.