Saturday, May 5, 2012

Thrifty Fashion Saturday

Today is the city wide yard sale day in our little nearby Town. Daughter and I took Boo with us and tried to find some treasures amongst the trash. Sadly, there were not many treasures to be found for us. Boo was a good boy for us, only getting cranky after a few hours. By then, all three of us were getting cranky, tho! I found my few treasures early on, all at one sale.

Mossimo Supply Co dress
Cost: $1
It fits perfectly!

Merona dress, new with tags
Cost: $1
I think I'm going to take 2-3 inches off the length. Otherwise, it fits well. Except that it shows more boobage than I'm used to. Won't be wearing this one to church!

 Brand unknown (tag cut out)
Cost: $1
Love this dress! Feels like I'm wearing a nightgown. And yes, horizontal stripes are just fine!

Aeropostale shorts, new with tags - cost: $1 (they fit)
H&M dark brown linen blend skirt - cost: 50¢ (fits, but it's a good thing there's a drawstring)

Also bought a pair of slide-on loafers, but they turned out to be just a bit snug. I should have tried them on, I suppose, but I was wearing socks & tennies, which would have been a pain to deal with. Only paid 50¢ for them, and they might fit Mom, so we won't count them as a total loss.

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

What tremendous buys you found. I don't think I've ever seen a dress for just a dollar. The striped one is my favorite. (I just read another blogger who talked about a neighboring city wide yard sale. I wonder if she was at the same one you were!)

Bflowers said...

I like all the dresses and the skirt! So wish I could have gone with you! I can't seem to find any dresses or skirts at any of the stores around here that I like, are long enough or at a price I'm willing to pay.