Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thrifty Fashion Saturday

Only four items were purchased at yard sales this morning: a Salad Shooter for $1 (back-up in case mine gives out), a Rachel Ray cookbook for $2, a large Samsonite suitcase (in anticipation of our Thanksgiving trip) for $2, and this unknown branded jacket for $1 (the tag was cut out - don't even know what size it is!):

 

Look at the beautiful embroidery work on the back of the jacket!
 

Almost all of the buttons were barely hanging on, and one was missing completely. Thankfully, the spare button was still attached inside the jacket. I spent some time this afternoon sewing the buttons back on to the jacket. It fits really well, except that the sleeves are too long - a VERY common problem for me. The sleeves are already cuffed, but I think I can roll them up once and it will still look fine. With the sleeves rolled one more time, the pretty floral inner lining will show, and I kind of like the look of it. A dollar well spent!

2 comments:

lantabmom said...

The embroidery is really pretty. Good find!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Nice jacket. I have the same problem with sleeves. I have short legs and arms. I bought 2 pairs of shorts myself.