Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Where I've Been

This past weekend, I held a garage sale at my house out here in the semi-country. It was a LOT of work, but I actually enjoy having garage sales. I think I would love operating a thrift store. Setting up the garage to look like a mini thrift store always thrills me. People always comment on how well organized my sales are. Alas, if only more people had showed up to the sale! In two days, only about one box worth of stuff was sold for around $90 total. I didn't do the math, but I imagine that means I earned about 10¢ an hour, considering how long it took to prep, hold and clean up the sale. Well, we don't do this to make money, now, do we?


We did have a celebrity stop by our sale and flash his dough....


He didn't buy anything, tho.

My daughter and her "boys" helped out for a couple of hours. Here, Boo is playing Hot Wheels with Papa while we wait for elusive customers to show up.


And so, that is what I've been up to lately. Not being fashionable by any stretch of the imagination, altho I did put on a dress for church Sunday. I was running late, so didn't have time for pictures. And since we packed away the leftovers Sunday evening, I've been in a state of recovery. As much as I enjoy having a sale, it totally wears me out. I do plan to get back into my blogging grove this weekend, however!

2 comments:

lantabmom said...

Yes, you always have a very organized sale. Too bad you couldn't open up a thrift store, you'd be great at it! Glad you made some money $90 isn't bad considering you didn't have very many customers. :)

Grammy Goodwill said...

I'm sorry you didn't have many customers. I've never had any luck with yard sales either. Now both my son and daughter want me to help them with sales this summer. Egads.