Friday, July 6, 2012

An Ordinary Day in Extraordinary Heat

You may have noticed that there have been very few "ordinary day" posts this summer. This is because I am decidedly NOT fashionable, even in a frumpy way, when it's so hot the chickens are laying boiled eggs. Some Postman has been working very hard to get the new central air installed, but there have been many obstacles along the way. The AC is coming, but in the meantime, I could care less about looking good.

What do I wear on a day that tops out at 105° with a heat index of at least 110°? My favorite thing to wear is one of my light-weight cotton sundresses. Many of them have been featured in "Thrifty Fashion Saturday" posts, but you will not see any photos of me wearing them just now, for several reasons.
   1.  It's too hot to wear makeup, and I sweat all day long so my face is drippy.
   2.  If I'm not leaving our property, I do not wear a bra. This is not pretty.
   3.  I can't stand to have my hair in my face, so I slick it back or wear a headband. This is also not pretty.
So this is the only picture to which I will subject you on this extraordinarily hot, ordinary day.


Despite the fact that Dachshunds are heat-seeking sun lovers, here is how you'll find my Doxies this July...

Etta fell over right there in the corner...poor hot dog!

Abby still likes to lay on a bed, but the heat exhausts her...poor little old lady dog!

2 comments:

twebsterarmstrong said...

I hear ya, sistah!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I know exactly what you mean. It's 103 here today.