Sunday, July 15, 2012

Solar Flare

In honor of the recent solar flares on the surface of the sun, I put together a sunny outfit to wear to church this morning:

Orange tee - Walmart
Yellow skirt - thrifted
Floral scarf, worn as a belt - thrifted
Lime green purse - thrifted
White sandals - Vanderbuilt's
Gold butterfly earrings - Walmart

Big ring - Walmart

Bright colors like this make me feel conspicuous, but sometimes you just need to go out on a limb. Some Postman coordinated his clothing with mine - he wore a lemon yellow seersucker shirt with navy pants. I told him if he'd worn his orange pants, then we would have really matched! (He doesn't have any orange pants, don't worry!)

It doesn't show up in the picture, but I did put on a bit of makeup today. Summer heat just melts the makeup and makes me feel goopy, so I rarely put any on this time of year. Today, however, I felt the need to add a hint of color to my face, since the rest of me was wearing so MUCH color.

4 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

You are a summer garden bursting with blooms!
Love that ring, a perfect match.
Have a great weekend!
Patti

Melissa said...

Aw, thanks! :)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Aha - so I hadn't commented on this one yet. I think you look so cute. I love how you put those colors together. I love that ring!

Melissa said...

Thank you, Grammy! I have to admit, I really did like this outfit a lot. I'll probably wear it again, exactly like this.