Friday, August 10, 2012

A Tale of Two Outfits

This is the outfit I wore yesterday to our ladies' meeting at church:

Top: thrifted
Plaid capris: thrifted
Earrings: JCP
Dansko sandals: TradeHome Shoes

The top was a good choice, but not the pants. I had second thoughts about it after looking in the mirror, but didn't have time to find an alternative. I'm not sure what else would look right with this top, either. Skirt? Jean shorts? White capris? I really like the top, so will have to work on ways to wear it. Overall, I was not very pleased with this combination. And after spending the afternoon yanking the pants back up, I decided it's time to get rid of them. Droopy drawers just aren't fun or flattering.

And here is what I'm wearing today:

Top: Target
Denim skirt: thrifted
Earrings: thrifted
Sneaks: Target

I'm not a big fan of sequins, but they do add some zip to the neckline of this top. The only thing I'd like better about this top would be for it to be more flowy over my tummy. I tried it tucked into the skirt, and that was OK, but since I'm so short-waisted, wearing it untucked balances my proportions better. Today felt like a "skirt day" but it's quite windy outside, so stay-put denim it is. Plus, denim is a good bridge between the spectrum of sequins and sneakers. I'm going to be on my feet a lot today, so comfortable shoes are a must. With the addition of new orthotic inserts, I'll be able to go, go, go! in these little sneaks!

Of the two outfits, today's is the one I prefer. And now, since my poor sick puppy dog Pooka has invaded my lap, making typing difficult, I shall bid you adieu for now.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Hmmm, I really like the first top. It's my favorite. I like the second one, too, because it looks long. I'm very long waisted and have trouble finding tops that fit well.