Monday, September 17, 2012

A Day on my Feet

It's been a while since I posted an everyday outfit. Today, I cleaned house for a lady, then visited my grandson for about an hour, then drove to Big Town to stock up on groceries. All this being on my feet required a very comfortable outfit.

Tee - thrifted
Pants - Goodwill
Vest - JCP
Kalso Earth Shoes - eBay

I'm not a big fan of vests, possibly due to the hideous vests that were part of my school uniform for 5th and 6th grades. This one, however, is tolerable. It's lightweight and adds a touch of "special" to an ordinary t-shirt.

The Kalso Earth shoes, with their negative heel, are supposed to put my hips in perfect alignment, thus alleviating back and leg pain. They do help for a while...but by the time I got home at 4pm this afternoon, I had to toss back some ibuprofin. My hips, knees and heels hurt so much I want to cry. Even sitting hurts. How am I going to sleep tonight? Perhaps I should pour myself a glass of wine...

As has become my recent custom, my trip to Big Town began with a stop at Goodwill. Oh how I love that store! Every time, at least one fabulous piece goes home with me. Today, there were several! I've been stalking deep red or burgundy jeans for this fall, but have had very little luck, even online. Finally found a pair on eBay, but the price is a bit on the steep side for this cheapskate hausfrau. Guess what I found at Goodwill today??? Deep cranberry red corduroy jeans! Woo-hoo!

OK, that's all the fashion talk I can think of for now. Time for fuzzy jammies, that glass of wine and snuggles with my Dachshund babies on the couch. G'night!

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Glad you found the jeans you wanted. Sorry about your pain. I understand. My plantar fascitis has started bothering me again - and I have no idea why. I hope you can get a good night's sleep.