Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's Still Summer, People!

What is the deal with this "rule" of not wearing white after Labor Day? We still have almost a month of summer left, and here in Kansas, a lot of that month is still hotter than a jalapeno! I'm going to continue wearing white, folks. Call me a rebel, but I'd rather keep as cool as possible. Besides, from what I've seen in the fashion blogs, white is going to be a "hot" color for winter fashion this year. Maybe it will bring us some snow! (I sure hope so!)

This white dress has been living in my closet all summer and finally came out to play over the Labor Day weekend. I love the shape of it, and it sure did help me stay cool in the 100°+ temps. A lot of other people at one of the gatherings we attended were wearing all black - they kept complaining about how stinkin' hot it was. Now, I'm not saying I didn't feel the heat, because I did; it's just that my white dress reflected away a lot of that hot sun, helping me not to feel the intensity of it as much.

White dress - Target
Cami - JCP
Scarf - thrifted
Sandals - Vanderbuilt's
Sunglasses - Walmart

Bracelet - Walmart

Earrings - no idea (had them too long!)


No comments: