Friday, September 28, 2012

The Frumpy Hausfrau Etsy Shop

My Etsy shop hasn't been terribly successful yet...I've only sold one item...but I haven't put a whole lot of effort into it, either. That is about to change, however.

One of The Girls from church (with whom I go thrifting) makes hand-made handbags for a minimal fee. Recently, I purchased a remnant of fabric and asked her to make a purse for me. Part way through construction, she brought me another bag she'd made to show me a sample of what extras I might like for mine. My heart went pitty-patter when I saw that other bag! Thankfully, she was willing to sell it to me. So now I have two Mary Bags!

The bag on the left is made from the fabric I gave Mary;
the awesome vintage Native American print bag was her "sample" that I snagged.

As for the Etsy shop, I asked Mary if she would like for me to sell some of her creations in my Etsy shop - and she agreed! We still need to figure out pricing, but I anticipate having some fabulous Mary Bags in The Frumpy Hausfrau Etsy Shop very soon!

No comments: