Sunday, October 7, 2012

Casual Fall Days

Fall is definitely my favorite time of year - for all kinds of reasons. The food (apples, pumpkins, soup), the clothes (sweaters, boots, scarves), the foliage, the weather. Wonderful fall!

This past week, I've kept my outfits quite casual. Well, yes, my outfits are almost always casual, because that fits my lifestyle. But even my church outfit this morning was casual. Jeans! We were supposed to have an outdoor service under a tent this morning, but since the weatherman predicted a hard freeze overnight, they wimped out and had the service indoors. So I could have dressed up more, but decided to leave it as originally planned. Lots of other people wore jeans, too.

Striped shirt - JCP
Sweater - thrifted
Jeans - thrifted
Boots - Fashion Bug
Earrings - JCP

Little Old Lady Dog Abby posed prettily beside me. She had a birthday a few weeks ago, and now she's 15 years old. It's kind of difficult dealing with a geriatric wiener dog at times, but we love her dearly.

Since I never got around to posting the following outfit earlier this week, I'll just tack it on here...

Shirt - JCP
Sweater - not sure
Pants - given to me by Mom
Shoes - eBay

This is what I wore on Thursday to a meeting at church, then to run errands around town. The pile of fabric next to my feet is a quilt top that I found at a thrift store for 50¢, matching fabric given to me by a quilting friend for the binding, and some blue flannel I had in my stash which I will use to back the quilt. This is a project I fully intend to accomplish over the winter.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I really like the outfit you wore to church. You look very fall-ish and comfortable.