Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Deja vu all over again

Jacket - thrifted
Skirt - JCP
Belt - thrifted
Boots - Target
Bracelet - Walmart

If this outfit looks familiar, it's because it's a newer version of this outfit worn last October. This time, however, I chose a different skirt (because it FITS this year!) and my new Target cowgirl boots fit so much better than those old clunkers I'd thrifted last year. I'd planned to wear chocolate brown tights with the boots, but since I lopped off the tip of one of my fingers on Friday while chopping peppers, it was too painful to use my hand to pull up tights. And that is not something one can do with only one hand! So, socks it was. Also, I had on a rust-colored top and a green-and-rust stone necklace to bring out the colors of the skirt, but didn't have time to take a pic without the jacket. Besides, I never took off the jacket at church anyway.

Looking ahead to November, I plan to have another round of  the "Use It or Lose It" challenge. Since we have a week-long trip planned for the week of Thanksgiving, this will be a good opportunity for me to incorporate some little-used items from my wardrobe in new ways.