Monday, October 1, 2012

Stripes!

I saw Alison of Wardrobe Oxygen wear the cutest striped blazer here and here, and I fell in love! The jacket she wore, however, is priced WAY over my budget, and so I set out to find a similar one for a lot less. Success! This one from Target is quite similar and only $25. Rarely do I purchase any clothing at regular price, but knowing that this particular item is only available online, I figured I'd better go ahead and buy it if I wanted it. And I did!

Since this is a Junior sized jacket, I figured I'd better go up a size and bought an XL. When it arrived in the mail, I immediately tried it on - and it was enormous! The next trip to Town, I returned that one to Target and planned to order a large when I got home...but our local Target turned out to have an entire rack full of the striped jackets in stock! So I was able to try on various sizes and take home the correct one right away. Of course, I did have to shorten the sleeve length, but otherwise, a Large fit well.

Here is how I wore the jacket to church yesterday:

Jacket - Target
Tee - Target
Skirt - Dress Barn
Necklace - Target

Booties - Walmart

I do believe the jacket looks better styled with pants or jeans, so that is likely how I'll wear it next. It's really quite comfortable, and will be worn a lot during the cooler months!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh I love it! Looks great with your styling. Don't you just LOVE Target? They are doing so great with their knock-off affordable versions this fall. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Alison (Wardrobe Oxygen) said...

Oh I really like that blazer on you... may have to head over to my nearby Target for one!