Thursday, November 29, 2012

November Use It or Lose It Challenge

I wore the teal striped shirt from my "use it or lose it" challenge the other day. I'm kind of on the fence about this one...

Lemon Grass Studio Shirt - thrifted
Unknown Brand yellow t-shirt - who knows?
St John's Bay brown corduroy pants - JCP
Missoni scarf - Target
Skechers mary jane shoes - Fashion Bug

The shirt fits OK, but it is a tad snug around my tummy if I button it up all the way. Most button-down shirts fit me like that. If I get them to fit in the shoulders and bust, then they are snug across the tummy. If I get them to fit across the tummy, they are way too big in the shoulders and bust. Perhaps button-down shirts are not a good fashion choice for my shape.

Of the three items in this month's Use It or Lose It challenge, the shirt will be the one leaving. The skirt and the dress will stay, although the dress does present challenges in matching up stuff to put under/over it. The fit is its redeeming quality.


2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, good. I didn't like that shirt.

Melissa said...

LOL! Well, then I guess I made the right decision! :) Honestly, tho, I do appreciate when people tell me something isn't right for me. I have a pact with my sisters -- if I ever wear something that says "I'm old and have no idea what fashion is", they are to tell me immediately!