Monday, November 5, 2012

Sunday Morning

Old Navy Dress - thrifted
Jacket - thrifted
Boots - Target

Earrings - gift from my sister B
Scarfy-necklace - made by my sister B

First wearing of one of my "Use It or Lose It" challenge items, the Old Navy dress. I wasn't sure I'd even be able to wear it, since it is kind of clingy in all the wrong areas, but it actually did fit. Since it's sleeveless, I had to wear something either under or over it, and I had a really hard time coming up with anything good. This jacket was fine, but it's short-sleeved. I had to wrap a Mexican blanket around myself to wear in the car on the way to church! A friend at church laughed when I told her this - I should have had Some Postman take a picture of it! 

I'm on the fence about keeping the dress. As much as I do like it, it's difficult for me to coordinate other pieces with it. But that is the whole point of this challenge, so I'll give it another go before the month is out. 

This is the first time I've worn the scarfy-necklace that B made and gave me months ago. It got buried in my scarf collection, but thankfully surfaced to the top as I was digging around to find something with which to accessorize this outfit. It adds just the right splash of color.

3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

You're right. The scarfy necklace gives it just the right pop of color. I like the dress because it is lightweight enough to layer something over. I like the jacket, but if you were too cold, how about a turtleneck under it next time? I'm sure you'll come up with something. I'll be waiting to see.

Melissa said...

Thanks, Grammy! I'm sure a turtleneck would be good under the dress, but I do not own a single turtleneck. With my short neck, I really do look like a turtle when I wear one! Having the top of the neck right under my chin really bugs me, too. But I do have a good selection of long sleeve t-shirts - one of those is bound to do the trick.

Peggy said...

I love the way you styled it! I'm with you though I don't like clingy jersey dresses! I'm never comfy in them.