Saturday, November 3, 2012

Use It or Lose It! Nov '12 Edition

Some fashion bloggers are currently undergoing a shopping ban. While I'm not exactly participating in that (I enjoy perusing my local Goodwill too much for that!), I am going to issue another Use It or Lose It challenge for this month. These are my three challenge items; each of them has hung in my closet for at least three or four years and none has seen recent use.

Old Navy dress - thrifted
Wrapper red skirt - thrifted
Lemon Grass Studio striped shirt - thrifted

The Challenge:  Wear each item two different ways by the end of the month, or it's outta here!


3 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

I like all three of those, so I can't wait to see what you do with them. Funny that you've kept them that long. I do that hanger thing. If I haven't worn it in a season, then it goes to Goodwill.

Melissa said...

My rule of thumb used to be two seasons of non-use, then it would go. But since my weight has fluctuated quite a bit the past few years, I've held onto things longer "in case I get back down to that size again and want to wear it". Sometimes that does happen, but this summer, I got rid of everything that was two sizes smaller than I am now. If I really DO ever get down to that size again, I'm gonna buy all NEW things to celebrate!

Peggy said...

oh fun! can't wait to see what you come up with!