Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day Salute

I was blessed to spend Veteran's Day with my Daddy, who is a Viet Nam war veteran. Dad and Mom went to church with us in the morning, and afterward we enjoyed an enormous potluck dinner honoring all our veterans. We had a group of Freedom Riders, and our own Fred S. spoke about his experiences in World War II. The afternoon ended with a flag folding ceremony and Taps. Thank you to all our treasured Vets!

My Sailor Daddy and Me

I love my Daddy!
My outfit for the day included one of my "Use It or Lose It" pieces - the red skirt. I like how it looks paired with a chambray shirt and lace. Not thrilled with the gray tights and shoes. I think boots would have looked better, but they would not have been  practical with all the running around I did in the church kitchen.

 Faded Glory Chambray Shirt - Walmart
George White Lace Top - Walmart
Red Skirt - thrifted
Gray Flats - eBay
Cherries Pendant - Hobby Lobby
(on my own chain)

8 comments:

Bflowers said...

Aw! How nice that you all were able to do that together!
As for the outfit, maybe if you had belted the top with a navy belt and paired it with navy tights and navy flats? Love the skirt on you and that necklace is so cute!

Derek Smith said...

nice outfit but tell us about your dads outfit? LOL you guys look great. I'm glad you got to spend the day with him!

Derek Smith said...

nice outfit but tell us about your dads outfit? LOL you guys look great. I'm glad you got to spend the day with him!

Melissa said...

Navy tights and flats would have been better, but neither exists in my wardrobe. I do have a navy belt, tho.

Melissa said...

Thanks, Derek! Of course, I should have mentioned something about Dad's outfit. All I can tell you, though, is that it is his official Navy uniform and it STILL FITS!!! :)

lantabmom said...

Both look great, that's so neat that he was able to go to church with you. Love that he wore his uniform too! :)

Grammy Goodwill said...

How special that you were able to spend the day with your Dad on a day to honor his contribution. I'm very impressed that he still had his uniform and could wear it. Men!

Peggy said...

So sweet. Great photos!