Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Coffee


Earlier this week, I had the chance to spend a couple of days with my little sister B. Her church has an annual Christmas Coffee for the ladies, and my visit coincided with the event. B and her friend C co-hosted a table; there were about 35 tables altogether. Each one was beautifully decorated in the theme of the evening, "Celebrating Hope". Our guest speaker was passionate about the International Princess Project and treated us to her soulful music as well. Of course, we sipped on coffee and enjoyed tasty treats of cheesecake, ginger cookies and pretzel bark.

Although I didn't get a photo of it, there was a large display of the Punjammies made by the women of the International Princess Project. Punjammies are super-comfy, colorful drawstring pants in three lengths:  shorts, capri and full-length. Sizes range from XS to XL. I did not purchase any myself that evening, as I had not brought along my wallet, but they can be purchased on IPP's website as well. The International Princess Project is a wonderful ministry that rescues women and girls from slavery and offers them a chance to heal and learn a trade that will support them.

B and C's table

A Pretty Centerpiece
The designer of this table used simple elements to create dramatic pieces.

One of my favorite centerpieces!

Many of the tables had lighted centerpieces as well as candles.

B and me, all dressed up!

We coordinated with her table's color scheme.

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

That looks like a fun event. You look lovely, too.