Friday, December 14, 2012

Umm...well...I guess I'll live with it....

Sometimes free isn't better.

I'd gotten a coupon in the mail recently for a free box of John Frieda Precision Foam Colour, along with a $5 off coupon for the same. I used both and got two boxes labeled "Medium Golden Brown". Usually I buy L'Oreal Paris or Garnier hair color in that same color, so my hair should have turned out the way it usually does, right?


It didn't.

Pros:  I did like the black vinyl gloves that came in the box; nice and heavy, and almost fit my short, stumpy fingers. The tube of conditioner included is large enough that it will last several weeks. The foam colorant didn't have a super-strong scent.

Cons:  The foam may have been easy to apply to my head, but it was also very easy to get it all over my ears, neck and face. Not very precise, if you ask me. Maybe I'm not a pro at this, but I never have that problem with the liquid colorant. The foam doesn't drip off your head like a liquid can, but since you have to squeeze the bottle to get the foam out, it gets all over the outside of the bottle when you switch hands. You set the bottle on the sink top, and then you've got colorant all over the place. I covered my hair with the foam really well, but still had some gray showing at my part. The biggest con:


This is NOT medium golden brown, folks!!! It's MAHOGANY!!! I am startled every time I look in the mirror. Which I am doing as little as possible, trust me. I asked Some Postman if I should go to the salon and have it covered up, but he said it's not that bad. So I guess I'll live with it for a few weeks. And then I'm going to buy a box of L'Oreal and get my real hair color back!


Sorry, John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Colour. This turned out to be a not-so-good review of your product.

Anyone want that second box in my bathroom cabinet??? It's free!

2 comments:

Bflowers said...

I like this color on you actually! I don't like that you didn't get the results you were wanting though. I don't know that it would look good on me and I don't color my hair but I would love to have a deep auburn color of hair!

Melissa said...

Thanks, B! It's just a matter of getting used to it, I guess. So...do you want the other box? ;)