Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Did the Frumpy Hausfrau Get Lost?

Nope! She has simply been too busy to take photos of her fabulously frumpy outfits! Good news to report:  Hungry Bird (my son) got a job; this is his second week and he just learned yesterday that his pay rate is a little higher than was advertised. Happy Hungry Bird! And happy Mama! It's so nice to have the house to myself much of the day again. I've been lounging about in my jammies far longer than necessary, simply because I can, but that is changing now. Too much to do to be so lazy!

This outfit was worn to church a couple Sundays ago.

Twenty-One Dress - Goodwill
Scarf - ummm...I don't remember
Riding boots - JCP

Thankfully it's not obvious in this photo, but those tights are super snaggy. My other pair of black tights has a giant hole in one foot, so last week while out shopping with my daughter for her birthday, I bought a two-pair-pack on clearance at Target. Oh, guess what my baby girl wanted for her birthday? A mop! So Mama bought her a Swiffer dry/wet mop, a heavy duty squirt bottle and a pack of microfiber cleaning cloths. She was happy!

The House Project has initiated yet another move for our closets. Some Postman is working in the master bedroom (which has been our giant walk-in closet for the past year or so) and I am excited about the possibility of being able to move back into it one of these days. Probably not until the end of summer...or by Christmas...but surely before next New Year's! Anyway, my clothes are now hanging in the laundry room, shading the dogs' beds; hubby's clothes are hanging directly over the washer and dryer, making laundry a bit of a challenge since the washer is a top-loader. My shoes got crammed into my craft room/office, making this tiny room even more cramped. I've been going through everything, tossing stuff right and left, trying to reduce how much I have to cram in such small spaces. It's been making me re-evaluate my fashion "needs". Blogging about what I wear, despite how few readers this blog boasts, has had a tendency to send me shopping for more and more. Yes, I'm quite frugal about fashion shopping, but I really must ask myself if another scarf or pair of jeans is truly necessary. And so my style is evolving yet again...to a more pared-down, only the essentials wardrobe. Sort of. Except for some things I just can't part with, even though they hardly get worn. 

I'd like to tell you about my sewing projects, too, but have run out of time for sitting here at the desk. The shower curtain needs to be hung on the line to dry, notes for tomorrow's meeting need to be made, fabric sorting must be finished....the list goes on!

No comments: