Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Just an Ordinary Day...With Birds and Fun Socks

The past several years, I've had a thing for birds. I've had chickens in the back yard for 16 years, and ducks almost that long. But recently, I've begun to enjoy wearing birds. And not like you'd think - feathers or stuffed birds on my head are not my cuppa anything. I like bird prints on fabric, bird silhouettes in jewelry, even bird tattoos! No, I don't have a tattoo myself, but the rare occasions I've gotten henna tattoos, they've always been of birds.

On a recent perusal of Target, I ran across this adorable bird graphic tee. Instant LOVE! It's got a bird, it's my favorite color (teal) and it's the perfect fit. LOVE!


See how the bird on the tee is made up of tiny flowers? More springy adorableness! Here's how I'm wearing it today....somewhat covered up, because despite the sun shining for all it's worth, it is still quite COLD....


 Old Navy Sweater - ON
Mossimo tee - Target
Daisy Fuentes jeans - thrifted

Necklace - Walmart

Can you see the bird in the tree? I think this necklace is the perfect accessory for my happy flowery birdie shirt. And yes, in the full outfit pic, my feet are shoe-less on purpose - so you can see the awesome socks! Why would I want to cover them up? OK, so I put my slippers back on after taking photos because my tootsies were chilly, but I had to show off the socks, too.

Stripe-y socks - Old Navy

Crazy and/or fun socks have always appealed to me, and I've found that Old Navy's socks are quite good quality. They are a bit too long for my short feet, but that's not a huge issue. Target has some great little fun socks, too, and since I have much closer access to Target than ON, most of my collection has come from there. You know what? I love fun socks so much, I think I'm going to get rid of most of my boring old solid color socks and only wear fun socks from now on!

Back to birds...sort of.... I finally made the decision to sign up for a Twitter account. Mostly because I think the little bird icon is cute. But also because my daughter signed up for it and I want to keep up with her. You can find me @FrumpyHausfrau. 

I think my very next tweet is gonna be about birds and fun socks!




1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh I love it! How did I miss this tee? Maggie & I love wearing birds too although we are afraid of REAL birds! haha. Thanks so much for linking up today! And what a bummer about your car. At least you got to walk to the mall!