Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Makeup Routine

Let's talk about makeup! It's a good girly topic for a frumpy hausfrau, don't you think?

My makeup routine has shifted over the years. It used to be that I dutifully followed a full routine of foundation, blush, powder, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara. For a while, even lipstick made an appearance. During allergy season, the eye makeup has always been withheld, due to itchy eyes and the irresistible urge to rub them. In summer, the foundation often has been either eliminated or been very thinly applied. The past couple of years, however, I've gotten to the point of almost not wearing any makeup at all. Foundations of any weight feel heavy on my skin. Lipstick has never been appealing. Who needs blush when you have hot flashes? Eye shadow is OK, but liner just seems to make my eyes itchy all the time, not just during allergies.

And so my makeup routine has simmered down to two basic items: tinted moisturizer and mascara. On "special occasions" I might add a touch of honey-brown eye shadow. The bare, natural look really appeals to me. It's simple. It feels lightweight and free. I like it!

Here are my favorite products:

Physician's Formula Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer

Cover Girl Natureluxe Mousse Mascara

I really need to buy a new eye shadow. The one I've been using is probably at least 6 years old. Yikes! Bad for the eyes, I know! I've bought new ones in that time frame, but the colors haven't been right. Guess I'd better contact my Mary Kay lady! It's their Mineral Wear eye shadow. It's been so long since I've purchased anything Mary Kay...I don't know if they still carry this line, let alone the color I like!

Has your makeup routine changed over the years?

No comments: