Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sunday Morning

I'm so happy March has finally arrived. This winter has been more typical of our area, with more cold days and snow (thankfully no ice!), and so I am more than ready for spring to begin. The only down side to warmer weather is the increase in percentage of my skin that will be exposed to view. I'm not feeling very comfortable in my body right now, but I'm working on it.

This dress actually made me feel fairly good about myself:

 Kupcake Dress - thrifted
Studio 1940 sweater - Fashion Bug (a long time ago!)

Earrings - thrifted
Necklace - pretty sure this was a gift from one of my sisters several years ago

Privo by Clarks flats - eBay

Heels may have been nicer with this dress, but I am finding more and more that heels are just too uncomfortable. The older I get, the less I can sacrifice comfort for fashion. It's a good thing there are shoe companies out there that are making comfy shoes that are cute as well! 

Spring is just around the corner, so the stores are clearing out their winter clothing. I've scored some pretty amazing finds at Target and Walmart this week. I'd been hunting all winter for a light-weight, well-fitting simple black blazer, with no luck until yesterday, at Walmart, of all places. The sleeves are too long for me (big surprise, ha ha!) but that is an easy fix. The best part - it was marked down to $5! 
My Target.com order hasn't arrived yet, and I have no idea if any of the stuff I ordered will fit or look right on me. But that's half the fun! Returns are easy, and I'd much rather try on clothes at home. Here is what I've ordered:


Target has a new designer collection that I am completely in LOVE with - the Prabal Gurung items. I have yet to make a trip to Target to try any of them on, but am planning to do so very soon. It would have been a very bad idea to add any of these items to my shopping cart when I bought the above items, as I would have been entirely too tempted to keep them, and they are not on clearance. You can view the collection at Target.com. Here is one of my favorites:


This dress features my two favorite colors for this spring. I'm looking forward to finding some great pieces in coral and aqua. Happy Spring!

No comments: