Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Crafty Hausfrau

I've been sewing again! In bits of time available, I've been working at another sewing project. Pajama pants for me! I found this adorable Dachshund print flannel at Joann's:


I briefly considered using my penguin flannel pants as a pattern, but reconsidered. Better to buy a pattern, since they were on sale for 99¢, and be sure to have the proportions correct.

Cut out the pattern...

Sew the pieces together...

Press the seams...

Insert elastic, hem the bottom, and there you go - cute, comfy jammy pants!


As it turns out, I should have gone down at least one size on the pattern, but I went by the measurements on the chart. I showed them to Some Postman, and he said "gee, how big ARE you??" Ha ha! Well, they are roomy, but that's part of what makes them comfy. It's not like I'll wear these to church or anything, anyway. Hmmm...I could wear them to Walmart...I'd fit right in...

2 comments:

Peggy said...

love these! Talented!

Melissa said...

Thanks, Peggy! They shrunk after I washed them, so now they are a LOT less balloon-y. Much better fit!