Friday, March 1, 2013

Frumpy and Frugal

I mentioned a while ago that I wanted to diversify this blog, and not have it be all fashion. Fashion is fun, but being a Hausfrau is so much more than clothing. This post will be the first of (hopefully) many entries featuring great deals found at the grocery store.

A few weeks ago, I collected 31 coupons for a free box of Purina ONE Beyond cat food. Where did I get so many? Well, we subscribe to one Sunday newspaper, which yielded a single coupon. Friends from church give me their unwanted coupons from their Sunday papers, and sometimes I find coupon packets in the bins at the recycling center. The vast majority of the free cat food coupons came from church friends.

Only one store in Town stocks the small boxes of this brand of cat food, and they didn't have 31 boxes on the shelf the first time I went shopping, so I had to make a couple of trips two weeks apart to use all of my coupons. Since their price was 10¢ higher than the "free" value of the coupon, the cat food wasn't completely free. But it was still a great deal!

Part of my stash of cheap chow for the kitties!

Not too shabby, eh?

1 comment:

frugalhausfrau said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.