Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Frumpy Hausfrau's Freebies of the Week

Yesterday's savings at the grocery store were only 39%, but I did get some completely FREE items. After sales and coupons, these Pro-Force Yogurts and Helluvagood Dips cost me nothing except sales tax! (Yes, good ol' Kansas charges sales tax on food, unlike many states. But I'm not complaining. It's just a fact!)


I had more coupons for the Pro-Force yogurt, but knew that my "spare" fridge is about as full as it can be right now, so decided only to get two. If I hadn't been pressed for time, however, I'd have considered the fact that I could have donated a bunch of it to our local food bank. Ah, well, next time!

More subliminal messages have appeared among the Scrabble letters on the spare fridge. I think Hungry Bird is giving me a hint as to what he'd like for breakfast tomorrow...


1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Funny story for you. Hubby brought that brand of dip home when my daughter was in high school. We would never say the name out loud. Even now we joke about that delicious dip whose name we can't say in front of children.