Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunday Frumpiness

Some Postman helped me figure out which shoes to pair with this dress. I knew what shoes would look best, but those shoes don't exist in my closet yet. So this is what I had to settle for:

No Boundaries dress - Walmart
Butterfly earrings - Walmart

Not that these denim peep-toe espadrilles are a problem. I love them! They have been lurking in my closet for over a year, not really looking right with much of anything, so I'm glad to have found something with which to wear them.

a.n.a. shoes - JC Penney's

Silver and bead bracelet - thrifted

Can you guess what shoes I would have worn with this dress? Neon flats! I have shied away from the neon trend, mainly because it reminds me entirely too much of the whackadoodle '80s, but also because I think I am too old to be wearing neons. However, I saw Gracey from Fashion For Giants wearing the most adorable neon flats here....and the idea grew on me. I began hunting for a pair of my own, and found just what I want at Payless:


I'm planning a trip to the store on Thursday - I even have a 20% off coupon, plus it's BOGO time! Oh, a-shopping I will go! 

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, I love that dress so much. It looks really good on you, plus it looks like it must feel comfortable.