Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Wear

On Saturday, I attended an all-day meeting with a terrific bunch of ladies and several pastors. We sang in harmony, laughed a lot, learned about the Lutheran Malaria Initiative ( www.lutheranmalaria.org ), and caught up on what is new in everyone's churches. Many ladies wore purple, as that is our group's official color. I wish I had taken my camera along to take a photo of one of my "ladies of style" who was in attendance. Peggy always looks so well-put-together, knows what looks good on her and has wonderful personal style. She wore a lovely hyacinth purple skirt suit with bronze pumps - so classy!

There are several women in my acquaintance whom I consider "ladies of style". They inspire me with their ability to dress for their own body shape and sense of style, no matter what that is or if it is "on trend" or not. One of these days, I am going to remember to take my camera along to church or other event and get some pictures of them! Alas, my camera's phone is pathetic at best and would not do them any justice.

Here is what I wore to Saturday's meeting:

 Mossimo denim jacket - Target
Merona tiered top - Target
Dressbarn skirt - Dressbarn

 Without the jacket

 Necklace - fashioned by me

Merona flats - Target

And this is what I wore to church today:


 Xhileration dress - Target
Maurice's jacket - Maurice's
Mossimo western boots - Target

 Gold Butterfly earrings - Walmart
(See a bit of green in our yard? On the other side of the tree, a few Grape Hyacinths survived the last snow and bloomed a little!)
White flower ring - JCP
(I really like the mini-ruffle details on both the dress and the jacket!)

Something happens when a girl pulls on a pair of cowgirl boots. You instantly feel a little sassy and like you can do whatever in the world you want! I think I should wear cowgirl boots every day...maybe I'd get more accomplished!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

great job on the Target finds! I have that layered tee in black and love it. Also have those cowgirl boots but can't figure out how to style. Yours look great! Thanks for linking up!