Monday, May 6, 2013

A Sewing Project from the Recent Past

Despite my intentions of posting more often, I have not done so. It's not that I've been terribly busy lately, but I have been uninspired and unenthusiastic, about just about everything. I lay in bed at night, not sleeping when I should be sleeping, thinking that "tomorrow, I'm going to get on top of things". I make all kinds of resolutions and plans in my mind, and then they all get tossed out the window in the morning, because I'm so tired and sluggish from lack of sleep. It's a vicious cycle. And I can't seem to jump off this crazy, rusty, squawky, lop-sided go-nowhere merry-go-round and back on the running path to health and wellness and organization and the good life.

Sigh....

I did get inspired to finish a sewing project last week. A girl I've been friends with since 4th grade finally had her first (by birth) child a month ago (she has three grown adopted children). This is what I made for her very special baby girl:


The bibs have velcro closures and are designed after some bibs I used for Boo when he was a baby. The burp cloths are made from a tracing my daughter made when she worked at a daycare when she was pregnant with Boo. One of the daycare babies' mother provided these cute hand-made burp cloths that Min loved, and she wanted me to make some for her. So I made some for my friend, using that same pattern. The circles are what was left over from cutting out the bibs, layered and sewn together. They can be used as little baby wipes, face cloths, nursing pads or whatever.

Speaking of babies, we have new babies on the farm! One of our barn cats had kittens three weeks ago. She made her nest over at the neighbor's house - actually, underneath their house! We brought them here, where they belong, and now the Mama Cat seems happy to care for her babies on our porch. Aren't they cute???


Let's hope this week's warmer temperatures will improve my outlook and inspire me to get my act together. I'm sick of being stuck in this rut....

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Oh, you know I could have written this post - well, down to where you started sewing. Go cuddle those precious little kitties and maybe that will cheer you up. It is cold and rainy here so I'm really down,too.