Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another Summer of Frumpiness Has Begun

Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer, and true to form, good old Kansas weather is right on target. Humidity up? Check! South wind gusting? Check! Temperatures climbing? Check! Nights are still comfortable, but it won't be long before we'll still be sweating at 2am.

Summer isn't my favorite season, but it's still a good one. I do enjoy the garden produce and being able to splash in the creek (if there's water in it). There are more sunny days than cloudy, and the landscape is green and lovely. I don't enjoy high humidity and hot temps, but once we're able to crank up the AC, I won't mind that so much.

While I do enjoy being able to wear less layers of clothing in summer, I don't enjoy how less clothing means there's no hiding my chub. Alas, it is what it is. I'm a little teapot, short and stout. When it gets to steaming, my stout stands out.

Mossimo shirt dress - Target
Comfort Plus by Predictions sandals - Payless

 Sand Dollar pin - not sure, either from MIL's collection or thrifted

Bracelet - Walmart


1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

You always make me laugh. I'm on a big time diet to lose 10 lbs by July 12. My BFF is taking me on a cruise for my 60th birthday present.