Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In the Kitchen

Some Postman gave me an idea last night. I asked him what flavor of cupcakes he'd like for me to bake, and he began rattling off all kinds of silly flavors like bacon, hamburger, cookie dough, root beer. Hey, wait a second...root beer? That sounded interesting! And so the plotting began...

Root Beer Cupcake!

I used most of a yellow cake mix (there were two partial packages in the pantry that needed using up - they totalled about 3/4 of a full cake mix). Instead of water, I used milk for the liquid. Duck eggs replaced chicken eggs (they are bigger and richer, ideal for baking). Then I added about 1.5 teaspoons root beer concentrate to the batter. After the cupcakes were baked and cooled, I frosted them with extra-vanilla-y buttercream frosting (homemade). 

How do they taste? Rather like a root beer float! But cake-y! Definitely yummy. This "recipe" is a keeper!

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

My husband would love these as he fixes root beer floats all the time.