Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sausage and Marshmallows

I can't decide which one I feel like more...a sausage or a marshmallow. My body feels stuffed like a sausage, yet puffy like a marshmallow. So how do you dress a sausage-marshmallow? And how do you get the sausage-marshmallow to give way to a pear? I'd much rather feel like a pear, I think. A pear is crisp and shapely and rather pleasant. Yes, I would love to feel like a pear. Yay! I have a goal! Become a pear!

In the meantime, this is what the sausage-marshmallow wore to church this past Sunday:

 Handbag - Walmart

Xhiliration floral denim jacket - Target
Merona tiered top - Target
Worthington skirt - JCP
Predictions booties - Payless

Bauble bracelet - gift from friend MA
(This is the first time I've worn this bracelet. MA gave it to me for my birthday last year, 
and it's taken me this long to find a way to wear it!)

After church, I fed the guys some lunch, then changed up my outfit to be a little more casual and went to a fund raising event for the Ruby Slippers fund. Ruby Slippers is women helping women - and it was a fun event, with lots of vendors and a silent auction. 

 Daisy Fuentes jeans - thrifted

Pink Converse tennies - Target

I have to say, I much prefered the more casual version of this outfit. The jeans and the mono-chromatic base disguise the sausage-marshmallow better. And it's much more comfortable!

2 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Hmm, I never thought a pear was glamorous until I read your outlook on it. hehehe I have several of those tiered shirts. I think they're flattering. I really like the gray.

Melissa said...

I have several of these shirts, too! It was difficult not to buy one of each color and each sleeve length. Did you see Target has them in tank style now, too? I'm considering...but don't like tanks much since they show entirely too much of my sausage arms.

And yes, pears are ultra glamorous! ::)